Electric Utility Fleet Best Practices Survey Report
This report provides an overview of electric utility fleet managers’ practices with regards to preventive maintenance, testing of aerial equipment, and training of fleet technicians. This survey was conducted for the 2012 Electric Utility Fleet Managers Conference and results were presented at the conference.
- 96% of respondents run dielectric tests no more than twice a year.
- 31% of respondents use FleetFocus, whereas 27% of respondents use other types of fleet management systems.
- 91% of respondents capture usage data through work orders, followed by 69% of respondents who capture usage data via fuel card data interfaced to fleet system.
More in the 2012 Electric Utility Fleet Best Practices Survey Report
- Dielectric Testing on Distribution Aerial Equipment
- Acoustic Emission Tests
- Criteria for establishing PM parameters
- Average PM parameters according to vehicle classes
- Personnel Performing PMs for Units with Aerial Device
- Technician training qualifications and programs
- In-House Warranty Work according to vehicle types
- Recall notification