On-Car Brake Lathes
We're looking for feedback on the current generation of on-car brake lathes. We have a large fleet with lots of light and HD vehicles. For those using these lathes, here's a few questions:
* How do your mechanics like them as far as ease of use, storage, effectiveness, works on all brands, models, etc.?
* Are there any warpage issues with the rotors, or compatibility issues with the new brake pads and the turned rotor surface?
* What is the average time to cut one rotor?
* Do you use the machine on emergency equipment, (police & fire)?
* Do you feel it's cost effective, weighing the initial cost, maintenance, labor required, vs. the price of just replacing the rotors with new when needed?
* If you have one that's working out well for you, what model are you using?
* Any other feedback is welcomed! Thanks in advance.